Monday, August 21, 2017

When "Full Coverage" Isn't Helpful on a Motorcycle

Did your insurance agent sell you a "full coverage" motorcycle insurance policy?  Having handled many motorcycle crash cases I can tell you that "full coverage" most likely means your coverage is terrible.  It usually means you have lots of liability coverage in the event you hurt someone else.  It does not mean there is enough coverage for you.  A lot of the time you are not sold Personal Injury Protection or Un/UnderInsured motorist coverage.


If I rode motorcycles my bike would have $50,000.00 in PIP Coverage and $1,000,000.00 in Un/UnderInsured coverage.  That way when some moron pulls out from a stop sign and hits me I actually have coverage for me and not the other driver.  

If you are riding a motorcycle for ANY PURPOSE I beg of you: Go talk to your agent about your level of coverage.  Don't just trust you bought "full coverage."  Have the agent explain everything (don't just shop online).  Buy as much coverage as you can get.  The injuries people sustain in bike crashes is oftentimes exceptionally life altering and I hate telling injured people there isn't enough coverage to go around.

Advertising Material for www.louisville-injury-lawyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment