Thursday, August 17, 2017

Bully Letter from Insurance Company to My Client and My Response

This Tuesday I received a letter from an insurance company telling me that due to the level of property damage my client could not have been injured in a crash.  My clients wreck was a month ago and the insurance company had no medical bills or records so the letter struck me as strange.

I thought about making a complaint to the Department of Insurance, but instead I wrote the letter below to the driver that hit my client.  Two days later I received a call from the insurance company telling me to send a demand on behalf of my client when it is ready.

My guess is some business analytics guru came up with this idea to scare people out of going to the doctor when they are hurt and told the insurance companies it would save money to send these letters.  I hope I'm wrong and this was just some rogue adjuster trying to make a name for himself.

DEFENDANT

IF YOU HAVE A LAWYER PLEASE DISREGARD THIS MESSAGE AND GIVE THIS TO YOUR LAWYER.

August 15, 2017

DEFENDANT,

My name is Brian R. Dettman and I am the lawyer for CLIENT.  She is the woman that was rear ended on 6/14/17.  I wanted to introduce myself and give you my contact information should you have any questions about my client’s case.  My understanding is that there was not a lot of property damage in this case so my guess is you have questions concerning my client’s injuries.  If you do, I’m happy to provide you my client’s medical bills and records for review.

I’ve received a letter from INSURANCE COMPANY (your insurance company) ADJUSTER telling me that my client wasn’t hurt in this crash.  INSURANCE COMPANY doesn’t have my client’s bills and records so I find that position a bit problematic, but insurance companies never cease to amaze me.

I’m not sure if you have ever been part of a lawsuit before.  The interesting thing from my perspective is it is normally the insurance company that assigns you a lawyer (if a lawsuit is filed).  In my experience, that lawyer is usually hired quite a bit by the insurance company.  You can take that for what it is worth.  If you do decide to get a personal lawyer please let me know and I’ll contact that person directly.

My client would like to resolve this amicably with INSURANCE COMPANY so hopefully I don’t get any more letters from your insurance company assuming without justification my client isn’t hurt. From my perspective that is a cheap bully-like tactic.  It also increases the likelihood my client files a lawsuit against you.

If you want to speak to your INSURANCE COMPANY adjuster his name is ADJUSTER NAME and his phone number is PHONE NUMBER

Sincerely,
Brian

www.louisville-injury-lawyer.com Advertising Material

No comments:

Post a Comment