Thursday, August 24, 2017

Defense Lawyer Loves Himself Mediation Conversation



Heard a great one from a defense lawyer today.  We were discussing mediation and whether or not the insurance adjuster has to attend mediation.  Local rules mandate the adjuster must show up absent an agreement.  I will occasionally agree to waive presence of the out of state mediator if the mediator fronts my clients mediation bill (usually 200 bucks).  The defense attorney asked me to waive presence and also waive the mediator paying for my clients portion.  I told him I need to have the adjuster with some skin in the game.

One of my favorite things he said was something to the effect of:

Listen, if you are not agreeing to what I'm asking for because you want to try this case against me I get it.  A lot of people want to try cases against me (insinuating he is really important) and I'll shake your hand before the trial and I'll shake your hand after the trial, but if that is what this is about just say it.

In my dealings with this lawyer I can tell he is a good lawyer and he is very used to getting his way...but C'MON MAN!

I'm not really advertising anything in this blog so I'm not putting Advertising Material.  Actually, lets just post here that the whole blog and every post is Advertising Material and cover all my bases.






No comments:

Post a Comment