Thursday, January 25, 2018

Bad Insurance Adjusting on Car Crash

I filed a lawsuit against a Shelter Insured in December of 2016.  My client had 20K in medical expenses and the insurance company offered me 3.5K.  I sued them.  They called back and offered 7K of their 25K policy.  A few weeks ago their lawyer called me up asking if I would take 15K of the 25K policy if she could get Shelter to pay it.  I told her no and my client was owed the entire policy.  On Monday I received an email letting me know they were tendering the entire policy.

There is a real problem if you are an insurance adjuster attempting to pay 3.5K on a case that eventually gets resolved for 25K.  Nothing changed as far as damages and it isn't the first time I have dealt with this adjuster.  Three months ago I resolved a case in litigation for 40K after the adjuster offered me 14K pre-suit. 

Now every time I see this adjuster on a file I'm filing a lawsuit.  She has lost all credibility and I feel bad for her insureds.  Rant over.

Advertising Material.

www.louisville-injury-lawyer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment